Just watch the video sample of the guy folding it again & again!!!LOL
As a bit of advice, try setting up the tent & then packing it away a couple of times in your backyard before heading out on your trip. That way you will know how to handle the tent better when it comes to packing it up!
see my answer for the same type question on the 4 man tent. ... same process.
answered 5 years ago
- Sydney, NS
- Grab the three poles on the left in your left hand, the three right poles in your right and bring to the middle
- Grab the middle of all 6 poles with one hand and turn it up and down (as if the door opening is on the ground now)
- Grab the top half circle and bring down to the bottom half circle on the ground.
- Instead of putting the circles together, take that top circle and slide it past the bottom circle.
- Everything should start to slide a bit into rings on top of each other. Straighten out the rings, put on the strap and your done!
answered 5 years, 2 months ago
ah we had exactly the same problem when we were testing it out in the store the first time.
you should go online and watch the video- it really helps to clear things up- or on the bag there are directions-
the trick is that once you gather the tent poles up in one hand you need to step from the side of the tent when it is on end- to the TOP of the tent on end- (so the tallest part- the floor) is away from you-
then you grab the top of the poles on the tall side and fold them AWAY from you- into itself- iit will fold back over and you will end up with a circle instead of the oval you are currently ending up with. once you get it once - and if you read every step of the directions outloud you will eventually get it- it is really simple- practice a few times at home and it will take you 10 seconds or less while camping- the video really helps - we were able to figure it out in a few minutes by reading the instructions while doing it over and over- good luck
answered 5 years, 3 months ago