1. Before installing your Lighting Timer with photocell, plan your lighting layout. It is important to keep your timer from:
a) the lights being timed
b) other night time light sources, e.g. street lights, porch lights, and
c) reflective surfaces such as aluminum siding
(Please refer to Item 2 under Other Important Notes)
For this reason it is recommended that a polarized 2-prong outdoor extension cord be used between the timer and the lights. Note that 3-prong grounded extension cords are not compatible with this timer, as it is a 2-prong polarized device.
2. If you are using an outdoor extension cord plug it into your timer receptacle. If you are not using an extension cord, plug your outdoor Christmas or other incandescent lights into your timer receptacle. The total cumulative wattage of all the lights must not exceed 1000 watts.
3. Plug the timer into a 120-V outlet. The display will show two parallel flashing bars and your lights will come ON.
4. Press the selector button repeatedly until the LED display shows the number of hours (1-9) that you wish the lights to stay ON after dusk. If you wish your lights to stay ON from Dusk to Dawn, press the selector button until the display shows two parallel bars (not flashing). Each day, yours lights will turn ON at dusk and remain ON for the duration of time you selected.
5. When you set the time period you want your lights stay ON:
If is dark: Your lights will now stay ON for the duration that you selected or
until dawn, which ever occurs first. Each day thereafter, the timer will automatically turn the lights ON at dusk and will stay ON for the period of time you selected, or at dawn, whichever occurs first.
If is daylight: Your lights will remain ON for a minute or two to let you ensure that your lights are working, and will then turn OFF. Then at dusk, your lights will automatically turn ON and will stay ON for the duration that you selected, or at dawn whichever occurs first. The sequence will repeat every night.
If you would like a copy of the full instructions, please call our Custoemr Relations Department (1-800-387-8803)
answered 8 months ago